James Boorder attacking Dutch and Frisian towns in 1799

Members of the State Navies of the world
Ype
Ships Boy

James Boorder attacking Dutch and Frisian towns in 1799

Post by Ype »

On September 29 1799 Captain James Boorder attacked the town of Lemmer, a thriving port on the (Frisian) coast of the former Zuiderzee in Holland. Apart from two cannonballs in the wall of a house in Lemmer and a sign to commemorate this deed, I could not find any information about James Boorder himself. My source (https://www.spanvis.com) tells me he has conquered the towns of Medemblik and Enkhuizen (coastal towns in Holland) and Stavoren (Friesland) before he came to Lemmer.
Being a tourist guide myself I would like to be able to tell more about James Boorder himself (career in the Navy?) and what his reasons were for this cruisade. So far the internet has not made me any wiser and the only thing I could find on this site was that his last known activity was on September 2 1799. In that respect I can humbly say that this date can be changed into October 12 1799, since that was the day he left Lemmer.
I would be very grateful if anyony could tell me more about him or could refer me to a source that is likely to give more information.
Cy
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: James Boorder attacking Dutch and Frisian towns in 1799

Post by Cy »

I've added some info to his webpage, date of death, lieutenant's exam and a new command
OK, it was me, probably!