The Navy List & The Naval Chronicle

Members of the State Navies of the world
Stephen J F Plowman
Able Seaman

The Navy List & The Naval Chronicle

Post by Stephen J F Plowman »

As a newbie here I apologise if this is a duplication of effort. I have made a list of on line versions of the Royal Navy's Navy list here:

[url=http://www.heraldry-online.org.uk/genealogy-online/navylist.html]The Navy List[/url]

Copies of The Naval Chronicle can be found here:

The Naval Chronicle

My current "holy grail" is to find copies prior to 1814. I had two great-great-great grandfathers serving during the Napoleonic War, one a surgeon and one a purser. I have found plenty of detail for the former but not so much on the latter.
Navclio
Captain

Re: The Navy List & The Naval Chronicle

Post by Navclio »

That's great. I had downloaded most of them years ago but I was missing vols. 1–2, 17, 22–23, and 28–29. Now I can complete my collection. Thanks for the links.
Stephen J F Plowman
Able Seaman

Post by Stephen J F Plowman »

When I first found that Naval Chronicle webpage there were a number of gaps. Fortunately their hard work has joined the dots.
Navclio
Captain

Post by Navclio »

Some of the links to the Naval Chronicle volumes that I did not already were to www.archive.org. They had a variety of formats that I've never heard of, some that I can't use (deja vu) as well as PDFs. However, the PDF downloads did not work for all volumes. I was able to download vols. 1, 2, 17, 22, and 23, but not vols. 28 and 29 (second half of 1812, first half of 1813).

archive.com is great when you can get it to work, but this isn't the first time I've encountered this phenomenon.