Identifying a Ship from Paintings

Anything and everything about sailing vessels, be they warships, merchantmen or something completely different
CaptduSoleilRoyal
Ships Boy

Identifying a Ship from Paintings

Post by CaptduSoleilRoyal »

Hello everyone and thanks for having me,

I've recently seen paintings of a ship that was said to have sailed in the Bay of Fundy, Nova Scotia and I'm trying to identify it as it had no name. I was hoping that I would find some assistance here. I've had no luck on my own with what resources I could find. It was a full rigged three mast ship with three decks (possibly four), painted blue and gold, with a very high and ornate stern. It seems very close to the Soleil Royal (1670) but I can't find any record of her being anywhere near Nova Scotia. I admit the story and paintings may be fabricated but I'm curious nonetheless. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Navclio
Captain

Re: Identifying a Ship from Paintings

Post by Navclio »

The picture itself and more information would help. When is this mystery ship "said to have sailed" the Bay of Fundy. Who "said" this? Where is this said: in a caption to an illustration in a book? (title, author, and publication date?) in a blog or on some other website? (URL?) Is a flag visible? (This might be apparent in the picture.)