Posting images

The reason threedecks exists in the first place.
sgtfox
Warrant Officer

Posting images

Post by sgtfox »

I'd like to post an image of some new Napoleonic dice which would be useful for Age of Sail wargaming. How does one post images to this site?
sgtfox
Warrant Officer

Re: Posting images

Post by sgtfox »

Well, it seems it's impossible to post an image here, so if anyone is interested, go to the Yahoo "Age of Sail" site and click files. Under "Napoleonic dice," you can click on and see pictures of dice from "Dice of War." I use them for the gunnery chart of "Don't Give Up the Ship," since I discovered that doubling the tonnage of target ships gives the most accurate portrayal of combat casualties out there. I took years to come up with an accurate chart, but all the math needed was a turnoff even to me! When I discovered the Napoleonic dice, I thought I'd revisit my favorite rules, and a little experimenting meant that I could throw out my system and get the same results in way less time.

While I was finishing up my three years in the army, Dave Areneson was doing the sort of serious research you need to replicate naval action. I think the problem came when he decided the rules should be twice as bloody, so he lowered the defense factor of ships to increase the kind of casualties wargamers like.
Navclio
Captain

Post by Navclio »

Sergeant Fox provided no URL, but I found a page labeled "Age of Sail" under Yahoo Groups https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Age ... earch=true). However, it is a "restricted" group and the "Files" and "Photos" buttons are greyed out and were non-responsive when I clicked on them.
sgtfox
Warrant Officer

Post by sgtfox »

Yes, you must be signed up with Yahoo and "Age of Sail" to get into the site. I assumed that anyone interested in the Age of Sail would be a member. It's been dormant for a long time, but it's good for posting stuff.
sgtfox
Warrant Officer

Post by sgtfox »

Probably the best thing to do is to go to www.diceofwar.com.au/shop and pull up the Napoleonic section. The dice were made for land warfare, but the British, French, Russian, Spanish, Austrian, and Ottoman dice are great for Age of Sail games which use six-sided dice.